This realization lead to my very first "panic attack" regarding becoming a Mommy. I called Blake over and was completely frantic speaking a million words a minute. I could almost literally feel myself coming apart at the seams as the pressure inside took over me. I went on and on about how drastic our lives would change and how difficult it could be when he's deployed, blah blah blah, etc etc etc.... It's not like I haven't thought of all of this (a LOT) before, but it was always some distant future thing, not a 13-days-away thing. By the end of my stuttering through my realizations, Blake had me taking deep breaths with him to calm me down. I think he found this very amusing. (I guess now, I find it amusing, too!)
I'm so excited and SO ready for this change, and surprisingly, not scared one bit, but I still cannot believe how fast this is happening! How has it been nearly nine whole months already? I swear it was just maybe two or three months ago that the doctor called with the test results.
Anyways, tomorrow is my next appointment with my midwife and we'll see how things are going. We get to find out how Liam is positioned, estimated weight, and all that fun stuff. We'll be leaving here early around 7am to make it to Yokosuka and then meet with my doula (labor and childbirth coach for both mommy and daddy) for lunch and then head back home. I'm excited for the appointment. We'll get to tour the hospital and the Stork's Nest which is the little "hotel" of sorts that I'll be staying in beginning January 8th while waiting for Liam to make his arrival.
Here's an updated photo... Week 35, last week of month 8.
No comments:
Post a Comment