Monday, October 19, 2009

Broom trick.



I read online at a message board that brooms stand up by themselves with a bit of balancing help from you. I thought, "Yeah, right... and the word 'gullible' is not in the dictionary!"

So what did I do? I went straight to the kitchen to test it out anways because, hey, I fell for the gullible trick in 9th grade*. Why not try this?

My broom has slanted bristles and the handle itself is a bit beat up from me whacking the broom against the wall outside to get all the dust bunnies off of it, so I figured it wouldn't work... But check this out:

Before you go thinking that I hung the broom from the ceiling, well, I have trouble getting up out of a chair in this condition. You really think I could stand up on one and balance long enough to get it rigged up? I think not.

Just to make sure it wasn't just our broom, we went to a store yesterday and balanced some Japanese brooms (Also with slanted bristles). Totally worked.

Go try it out on your broom(s). It only works in October, though, so go fast!

*Yes, I fell for it. My English teacher in 9th grade told me that the word "gullible" wasn't in the dictionary. I felt so smart for proving her wrong until I realized the joke was on me.


8 comments:

Justin and Bekah said...

Whoa! I'm totally fascinated by this! I'm going to go grab my broom and try it!! :) Good times!

Justin and Bekah said...

Oh! And I forgot to mention how clean your floor looks;)

Lois and Jon said...

I'm running into the bathroom to get the broom immediately. :)

Lois and Jon said...

Wait - what about a Swiffer? ;)

MorningSun said...

I tried so hard to make our "old slanted broom" to stand on the concrete, wood and hollow blocks, three days ago around 6:00 P.M., (thinking witches are out and about). No luck! I spent a good 10 minutes outside. I'm still wondering how you made those brooms stand up? You probably have a magic! Take care.

Lois and Jon said...

It must be that pregnant lady glow! :)

Blake and Lucinda said...

Well, we know how it went with Mom, but what about Bekah and Auntie? Did it work for you? And did the swiffer work? :-P

Unknown said...

it's true, I was there......Not for the brooms, but for the 9th grade thingy.

I don't even think I have a broom......