
When I was little, I remember receiving a gray pound puppy for my 4th birthday at a family birthday party in Alaska. It was a big, gray cute puppy and I loved it a lot. Fast forward a little bit and the poor dog's gone missing. I distinctly remember my mom and me looking around the house for it- I remember standing on a chair and looking behind a bookshelf while my mom held me to make sure I didn't fall. We never did find that puppy and we came to the conclusion that it either just disappeared into thin air or one of my "friends" stole it.
Last year, Blake and I went to a movie and in this movie, a kid lost their stuffed animal and a nice man returned it to the little boy and he was so happy to be reunited with his little buddy. On the walk home, Blake asked what the most touching part of the movie was for me. I stayed quiet. I didn't understand why I was crying, and I sure didn't want him to know! He got it out of me and soon there I was, sobbing on the sidewalk about a long lost pound puppy that I lost 21 years before. Who knew I was still so emotionally attached to that little guy after over 2 decades?! Blake should have told me that I was being stupid and to shut up already, but he didn't. Like the loving guy he is, he held my hand and listened to me babble on and on about the lost pound puppy. We eventually made it home and I managed to get my emotions back together. Where that wave of cries came from, I still have NO idea!
Two weeks later, he came home with the sweetest gift ever.
My very own solid gray colored pound puppy. This is an authentic solid gray pound puppy from 1985. Blake scoured ebay until he found this little guy- the only solid colored gray pound puppy that ever showed up. There were several gray puppies with black spots, but mine didn't have spots, so he figured this guy couldn't have them either :)
4 comments:
Thanks for sharing with me/us your tragic story about your stuffed Pound Puppy. I'm so sorry that it still makes you sad every time you think about your long lost puppy. You just never know how much it hurts me every time I think about that "lovely and cute" pound puppy Let's just hope that puppy is happy with whoever "adopted" him. I'm glad you have a nice husband who understands your feeling. He's a great husband! Wipe your tears and be happy, because you have Ivan and Oliver who keep you company and they are ready to "bark" to alert you if there's an unwelcome visitor. Have a nice day! Love you!
Aah, sounds like your preggo hormones are running rampid!! Poor puppy - I'm glad you got a new one! Blake is so sweet:) *hushed awe*
I used to love those things too - They're still at my dads:(
Wish that were the case, Bekah, but this was last year. No excuses ;)
I remember the bear and I remember it turned up missing ... I never realized how choked up you were ... guess you and your mom tried to shield me, as usual.
Now I see why you always reacted so strongly to that Full House episode when Steph found out Mr Bear wasn't donated to charity after all.
Post a Comment