Sunday, August 2, 2009

So ridiculous!

I was doing some homework on buying baby gear online, trying to find out who ships here and who doesn't. I found a pack and play (basically a play pen, bassinet, and changing table thing all in one) on the Babies R Us website. I pretended that I was going to purchase it online and went through the steps just to see if it would eventually stop me and say, "Wait! We won't ship to you!" (that happens a LOT!)

Anyways, I never got the error message, but was completely surprised by the shipping. $50! I typed in a WA address and shipping was only $15. Why the difference?! All that happens with FPO addresses is the item gets shipped to San Francisco then the military takes over. So if I was having the crib shipped to a FRIEND in San Francisco, I'd pay $15, but since it's going to the military place, I have to pay $50?!

Ugh. One of the annoyances of living overseas and have no options for buying things other than going online. Boo on them.

No comments: