So people say that before a baby is born, Mommy goes through a "nesting" stage, cleaning and organizing the house. I thought, "Well, of course you'd want your house to be clean for the Baby!" but apprently, for me, it's a lot more than that! I'm digging through cabinets, reaching into the darkness and pulling out things that I haven't seen since they were shoved into the back of said cabinet. I've gone through our coat/shoe closet, a large storage closet above that as well as the kitchen pantry. So far, we've donated 2 big bags to the secondhand store on base. Today I'm working on the bathroom, getting rid of old prescriptions and expired sun block.
I'm putting off the computer room for as long as I can. See, this house we live in is just so small. It's 743 sqare feet. Yeah, that's not a lot of room. It was perfect for the two of us. I remember telling my mom that if we brought home one more piece of furniture, be it an end table or tiny bookshelf, we'd have to rearrange the entire house just to make it fit. A few days later, we found out we had to make room for a baby! Anyways, the computer room will be the baby's room as soon as we pack up our hobby stuff (all my craft stuff, Blake's RC cars/trucks, etc), plus 2 computer desks and a computer chair. Where is this all going? WHO KNOWS? We have nowhere to put it all. haha. I'm glad that when our baby is 5 months old, we'll be OUT of here!
We'll also have to rearrange our bedroom to put a pack and play in there... The only way it would fit right now is if we put the pack and play up on top of the bed during the day then take it down and block the bedroom door at night. We're going to push the bed up against the wall and get rid of a nightstand and THEN we should be fine. haha I just hope the storage room outside can fit all this stuff. It's not even a lot of stuff- it fits perfectly in a "normal" sized house, but not in this tiny "closet under the stairs" that we live in now :-P
Okay, enough of my ramblings. Back to the bathroom where the cabinets are calling me!
2 comments:
It's like Harry Potters broom closet, eh?! lol. Good job for cleaning!!
That was some of the most joyful complaining I've ever heard. Enjoy every day, Little One.
Post a Comment