Monday, February 25, 2008

It cost $200 to learn this....

It cost $200 to learn that we have a crooked house! :)

This past Saturday, we headed to SUPER Viva Home. First, I feel compelled to tell you about the wonderment that is super viva home. Imagine a pet store with puppies and rabbits. Got it? Now add a Home Depot. Okay... Now add a furniture store complete with curtains to wall hangings. Excellent. Super Viva Home has it all!

Anyways, we went there on Saturday and picked up 4 boxes of carpet squares and it ended up costing about $200. Woah! Anyways, we got home and pushed everything out of our living room and discovered nasty dust bunnies EVERYWHERE. That's the joy of having a long haired dog indoors where there is NO CARPET. Anyways, we swept up most of it (We left some on the floor and just put carpet on top of it- Yup, we "swept it under the rug"!)

We carpeted our entire living room and have a few squares to spare. It's sooo nice in there now! No more cold, unwelcoming floor! YESSSSS. We spent a lot of time in the living room this weekend because it's so cozy and nice! I'll post pictures later, but for now, I need to get downstairs and study. I have a Japanese test in a couple of hours!

Oh, and in case you're wondering.... We learned that our house is crooked because the carpet squares stopped lining up with each other. We didn't trim them since we're moving in a couple months so we just overlapped some of them ;)

1 comment:

MorningSun said...

Swept the hair under the carpet!
That's cheating and illegal! Hahaha I'm happy that you're enjoying your new carpet.Take care and love you both.