Today we helped out a guy in Blake's shop (and his wife) move furniture into their house. They happen to live in a garden apartment on the main base which just happens to be where we're going to be moving to. The apartment is a good 500 square feet smaller than the house we're in now but we're so excited to live there!!! It's smaller (which is good because we don't need much room!), well lit (unlike here where we need the lights on all day beacuse we get no sun), and bets of all- bug-free (they had the porch door open the whole time we were there and NO BUGS came in!!! At our house, we have roaches run in if we leave the door open long enough to bring in groceries!!!).
I want to move there YESTERDAY. I can't wait until then! I can have a LIFE! I'll have the car! I'm so sick of sharing one when we live 30 minutes from where Blake works! UGH! We talked to housing today and they're HOPING to get us out in 2 months.. So HOPEFULLY mid-April we'll be out of here and over there! Weird thing about the new house- the washer and dryer are in the kitchen haha ;) That's kinda sad because I love how our laundry room opens directly into our porch so I can hang the clothes up to dry ;) I'm sure I still will, but I'll have to carry the clothes through the dining room and then through the living room to get to the patio. We will have a sliding glass door in our living room that we can leave open for the puppies so they can come and go as they please! It's going to be so awesome living there. If I manage to make a good friend here, maybe I wouldn't mind having Blake stay sea duty here, especially if we have a child by then :) It would be awesome to raise children here. The base and the community have such great programs for children here. Another perk to doing sea duty here is that his deployment is only 4 months long and he wouldn't go on as many work ups as when we are in the states. Plus, it would be easy for me to fly and meet him at port calls like Hong Kong, Sydney, and Guam :) I think it would be kinda neat. I just need a friend ;)
BUT who knows, really? LOL We'll just see how it goes. Send us "MOVE SOON" vibes, would ya? We're sick of this place!!!
2 comments:
every time i read your blog it's like a swift kick in my nostalgia. i still keep seeing, in my mind, this gangly little first grader jumping rope ... what i'm reading are the musings of a fully grown, alert young housewife, who every day discovers and appreciates new things. it's a positive joy reading your ramblings.
Feng Shui is on the way. When you move into your new place, don't forget what to bring in first. You know the drill. The washer and the dryer are in the kitchen? Who would put those things in the kitchen? At least, they are not in the bathroom! Hahaha I'm sure, you'll find good friend/friends at the new place. I'm happy for you, that you will never deal with bugs anymore once you move into your new place. Yey!Take care.
Post a Comment