- Yesterday after class, I went out to the car to find that it was covered in dust. Apparently, there was a huge sand storm in China and all the dust got caught up on the clouds and then it rained all over the Kanto Plain (you guessed it- that's where we live). All the cars were covered in nasty dust and stuff... So today I went to the minimart and used their hose to wash off the windows. I'm thinking about buying some car soap and brushes and whatnot so that I can give it a proper bath. I don't like our car, but I think everything deserves to be clean and dust-free.
- Today, I had an English lesson with my one and only student, Ichiko. She's a very kind lady. We talked mainly about pets and different kinds of food. She is very surprised that I don't like seafood! Imagine my surprise, though, when she told me that she doesn't like my favorite meat: Turkey! BUT! After our lesson (held in our living room), she took me to lunch at West Winds, the American restaurant on base and she ordered a TURKEY SANDWICH just to try it once more- She liked it! Yay!
- It's getting warmer outside. I haven't worn my peacoat for over a week now! I still have to wear a sweatshirt when I go out, though. I guess I could get away with wearing just a t-shirt, but it's still a little chilly. Ugh! I hate that summer is coming!!
- Something traumatic happened to me last week that I am only now ready to tell everyone. Okay. Here I go. Last week, we were in Yokosuka and I thought, "I've been good. I think I deserve an ice cream cone!" I stood in line with my mouth watering, trying to decide what to get. I ended up settling on one scoop of chocolate on a sugar cone. Mmmm It was delicious! I was enjoying my cone as we walked to the car. When we got the car, Blake was fumbling around looking for the keys to open my door for me. Out of nowhere, this gigantic MONSTER flew down from the sky and grabbed me and my ice cream cone!!!! It was so smart, that it even attempted to blind Blake by hitting him in the face with his gigantic pterodactyl-sized wing. Seriously, a FALCON swooped down from the sky, grabbed my cone (and scratched my finger), hit Blake in the face, and then took off. JAPANESE FALCONS ARE FREAKISHLY RUDE!!!!! I was so upset that my reward cone was GONE, but I couldn't stand the thought of a second cone getting ripped from my hands, so I just got in the car... and wept. Okay, okay, I didn't really weep, but I could have!!!
- Also, our computer seems to be working okay again. I coudn't get online last week because the internet stopped working on the desktop, but it's working again!! I hate DSL and cannot wait until we have cable internet!
And that pretty much sums it up!
2 comments:
hey, little one, if i were you i'd report that falcon attack to the local authorities ... it's no laughing matter. considering how you get startled by butterflies that couldn't have been a fun moment.
I'm so sorry that the nasty bird took your ice cream away, scratched your finger, hit Blake in the face and almost blinded him.
I mentioned this incident to my physical therapist this morning. He's Japanese but was born and raised in Chicago. He told me that Falcons are huge birds and they can swoop down and grab babies or small dogs! I'm sure you're keeping an extra eye on Ivan and Ollie.
Thank you for posting and sharing your adventure.
Love and miss the four of you. Take care always.
Post a Comment