
A few days ago, I was dusting the shelves around the house when I got to the shelf that these goblets are on. I briefly went down memory lane remembering making these goblets and everything else Bekah and I made during this time. Blake was on the ship floating around in the Pacific Ocean, Justin (Bekah's husband) was spending lots of time also floating around, only in the Atlantic Ocean. During this time, Bekah practically lived at my house and we spent hour after hour (or was it week after week?) crafting everything from these goblets to candy dishes and picture frames. The house smelled of Mod Podge but after a few days, we couldn't really smell it anymore!
I don't even remember who thought of gluing bits of Mulberry paper to goblets but we found ourselves visiting all the big box stores trying to find rice paper or mulberry paper for this project. We finally ended up coming across some in K-Mart of all places. We took a quick trip to the Dollar Tree for $1 goblets (and probably some candy, snacks, movies or something) and then headed back to my house where the dining room table was moved into the living room in front of the TV to watch back-to-back episodes of Survivor: The Australian Outback while we crafted.
Anyways, I don't even remember how long this took. Probably a few hours in one evening... Everything from then is a bit blurry... That's probably due to the fumes from the polyurethane. Or maybe from the Mod Podge. Whatever.
Anyways, this one is my favorite. I'm a Gryffindor at heart, but Ravenclaw's colors are prettier.

3 comments:
I'm loving the goblets
I love the goblets. Look real goblets with interesting and intricate designs.
Yay! We're awesome:) I miss crafting things like that...And italian sodas... :)
Post a Comment