Wednesday, September 3, 2008

This is too dorky.

So. I'm a member on a message board for people who enjoy crafts. They have challenges that you can enter and the winner wins a cool collection of craft related stuff. Past challenges have been "Make something awesome with stuff you can get at a dollar store for $5" and "take an old board game and turn it into something neat". This month is "make a completely pointless cozy for something that doesn't need one". A cozy is basically a covering for something- For example, when I got my iPod, I knit a pouch for it. That's a cozy. Or when I first got my camera, I made a little bag for it- that's a cozy. You get the idea.

Anyways, I started thinking, "What can I "cozy" that is completely random and pointless?" Then it hit me. An axe cozy of course!!!

And the before picture (yay, rusty metal!!!)
I posted it on said message board just this morning and already have 2 pages of responses. That's pretty good! So far, I've got the most responses so maybe I'll win a basket of goodies! :-D

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is fantastic!!! Can I have a cozy for my fingernail clippers?? Lois xoxo

Rafeal and Stephanie said...

Aw! That is to cute! Good luck! I hope you win a fun little craft basket! You are quite the knitter :D

MorningSun said...

I hope you win a basket of goodies! I'm impressed with the ax cover. Beautiful! You did a good job!

coffeecup said...

I'm surprised you didn't make a cozy for your aquarium. Or how about one for your plumbers helper?