Hi everyone! Thanks for reading our blog! Lucinda got a chance to list her favorite things about Japan, So I am taking this opportunity to list MY favorite things about Japan.
#1 The grocery stores! Seriously, the Japanese have the coolest stores EVER! They all smell like feet, but you get used to that rather quickly. The huge selling point for me has got to be the shopping carts! Each shopping cart comes with 4 wheel independent steering. You know how you always seem to get the cart with the stuck wheel in the states? Not here! I have tried to find a bad shopping cart, and cannot.
#2 Like Lucinda, I too have my favorite hobby shop. It is about 45 minutes away, but well worth the trip! It is called TAM TAM. They carry everything from R/C cars and planes to Airsoft and die cast models.
#3 The Japanese. Seriously, the coolest people to meet and talk to, and friendly too. I don't know how many times I have gotten a smile and nod or excited gesture from a local national, when I used what little Japanese I know. My time here is going to be very fun!
#4 The food! The Japanese have very different and weird foods, but they are so fun to try! Lets see.... I have eaten Octopus balls, Pizza with tuna, corn, potato and bacon. I have developed a liking of cabbage, raw with a sauce called bulldog, and Ramen! No not the 2 cent pour hot water dehydrated noodles, but real Ramen... pieces of fresh bamboo, a fish cake, and seaweed! MMM yummy!
Well lately we have been exploring the area and breaking out of our comfort zone so to speak. I don't think there is a place we've gone to that we weren't treated friendly and I am really glad we came here.
Well Time for bed, but just wanted to update you all! Oh by the way, We would like to wish Dad I a Happy Birthday. You are not getting any younger, but i think you could still take me LOL!
1 comment:
I wonder why the stores smell like feet! Hahaha. I've never eaten Octopus balls. How do they taste like? I'm curious.
Love you both.
Post a Comment