Monday, November 23, 2009

Woohoo!

Thanksgiving is this week already?! I cannot believe how fast the time is going. Unfortunately, one of my students is going to Nagano to take care of her sick aunt so she'll be unable to make it to dinner, but my two other students are still coming. Last year for 3 students and the 2 of us, we bought a 12 pound turkey. After I sent them home with piles of leftovers for their families, there was nothing left for the two of us! We're huge Thanksgiving leftover people, so what did we do? We ran out and bought another turkey, of course, and had a Thanksgiving dinner (again!) just the two of us a few days later.

Anyways, that taught us a lesson- This year, buy a BIGGER TURKEY! So we have a 16+lb turkey sitting in the freezer waiting to be our dinner. I guess I should pull it out of the freezer soon. How long does a 16 pound turkey need to thaw in the fridge? Thanksgiving is 3 days from now. I better look that up! Um, okay, done typing my internalized thoughts.

On a completely different note, we got Wizard of Oz on DVD! Hooray! It was the last on my list of "must haves". The last movie I bought that was on that list was Mrs. Doubtfire. Now I'm all set and have all "my" movies on DVD so I'm happy. Can't wait to watch the special features. I'm sure I've seen them all before, but you know what? Yay for re-watching!

Oh, so I'm a freak when it comes to the Twilight series, hooray. The new movie (New Moon) is coming to Atsugi this week and I'm going to the midnight showing. They open the doors at 11:30pm on the night of Thanksgiving then the movie is at 12:01am... It's an "Adult Women Only" showing and they're serving wine. One of my friends said, "They're serving wine... But I'm assuming you'll pass on your serving." And I said, "Why? I'm drinking for TWO!" I'm glad she understands my sense of humor and didn't call child services on me :)

So yes, Thanksgiving= turkey, English students, vampires, and werewolves. Oh yes, happy holidays!

Anyhow, we're now 5 weeks away from Liam hitting full term on December 27th. We were joking he should show up right away because our anniversary is the 28th ;) Our friend reminded us of the tax credit that we could have if he's due this year. Now, I think that's a horrible reason to wish your baby be born by a certain date, but hey, wouldn't that be cool? Merry Christmas, Happy Anniversary, here's a baby and a major tax deduction. Ha.

Okay, well here's my updated photo. Week 32, First day of Month 8. Seriously, what happened to my butt? It looks like I'm carrying Liam's twin back there!



3 comments:

Justin and Bekah said...

Aaw, you look great! I assure you there are no babies in your butt:) lol. You know what else I've been noticing that's growing in your pictures? You hair! It's so long now! Hooray for Thanksgiving food! I hope you have lots of leftovers this year...Not a fan of the Wizard of Oz, but a big "Hooray" for Mrs. Doubtfire! Gotta love Robbin Williams!! :)

Rafeal and Stephanie said...

You look so beautiful Luci!!!!!! I am glad things are going so well for you! A 16 pd Turkey! HOLY COW!!! Sounds like you guys will have lots of leftovers this year! Yumm-o. Glad to hear you got all the must have movies! Love you girly!!

Unknown said...

WOW You're pregnant!!!!!

I'm stoopid and keep forgetting that you have a blog. Derrrrrrrr.

I'll be better from now on :-) You look beautiful!!!!!!