Monday, September 14, 2009

Craft crap revamp!

I have tons of crafting supplies. Papers, pens, embossing inks, polymer clay, knitting needles, etc. I had it all stored in a dresser & a big 3 drawer chest-on-wheels, and the rest of it was laying unceremoniously on my craft desk. I really had no room for it all. The dresser was full and we really wanted to use it for Liam as we've begun receiving gifts for him and need a place to put it all. I decided to empty out the dresser for him... Well, now where do I put everything?

Here's a before view of my messy desk. Basically, this is the overflow that wouldn't fit into my storage I had. Yuck.

Blake and I took a trip to VivaHome which is like Home Depot meets Petsmart meets Walmart. It's a pretty great store. Anyways, we ended up getting a nice sized bookshelf and several baskets to use as storage. I LOVE to organize. I really do. I seriously get a "high" from turning chaos into harmony. Yeah, I adore it so much that I'm saying silly stuff like "chaos into harmony". I spent a few hours grabbing things out of the dresser and putting it into baskets. I think I was glowing. Anyways, here is the end result. It's so gorgeous... it could be in the pages of an organizational book or magazine.




And the desk is now a workable place with little "friends" ;)

2 comments:

Justin and Bekah said...

Oh hooray! Good job! So...How long did that take ya?! Love the new bookshelf - neato:)

MorningSun said...

Oh, I liked it! You've probably spent your whole day organizing. I agree with you. It looks like a photo in an organizational magazine. Job well done. Love you all. Take care.