Friday, April 11, 2008

Yay! I love having a car!

Having a car is, like, totally the coolest thing since playdoh. Or knitting needles. Or maybe since Mod Podge... Whatever. Okay, so I am sitting at home thinking, "oh gosh, I'm bored. When Blake gets home, I'm making him take me to-" Then it dawned on me. I HAVE A CAR! I'LL GO ALL BY MYSELF! So I did- I went. I went to a 100 Yen store (where else?!) and had fun wandering around aimlessly by myself. I ended up walking out with a picture frame for a Craftster swap I am doing, some origami paper to decorate said picture frame, and some corner shelves for the shower. The shower here only has enough room to fit 2 bottles in the 2 corners so everything other than our shampoo (such as body wash and the dogs' shampoo) is on the floor of the tub, heehee)

Then I headed downstairs to the bread store and got some sweet yummyness. The bread stores here are just awesome- full of so many wonderful yummy breads. We went to bread stores A LOT while my parents were here. This is the first time I've gone to one since they left. Anyways, I got something that looks twirly and sugary. I'm waiting until Blake gets home so we can share it. I'm so kind.

On the way home, I stopped by the commissary which reminds me. I need to make reusable shopping bags. I hate that I use so many plastic bags. They're so bad for the earth (yeah, I'm a bit "green" lol). I might sew some (but fabric here is too expensive!) or knit one (ugh, that's a lot of knitting for something like a bag), or maybe I'll find someone to make me one. I am on 2 active craft sites and they're full of crafty (duh), earth-friendly people. Maybe someone will send me some in exchange for money or Japanese goods. Oh yeah, back to what I was saying. I picked up a pork tenderloin. Here's the yummiest thing ever:

Make a marinade for the tenderloin: 1/4 cup white distilled vinegar, 1/4 cup soy sauce, 4 garlic cloves (crushed), and a dash of pepper. Cut the fat off the tenderloin, then cut down the loin lengthwise so you can "butterfly" it. Don't cut all the way through, though! Put the meat in the marinade for at LEAST 20 minutes (longer is always better!). Broil it for 6 minutes, then turn it over and broil for another 3 minutes. When it is done, you can serve or cut it and put it in a pan with hot sesame oil for a punch of extra flavor. This is what we had for dinner last night and it was so good I'm making it again tonight. I'm serving it with stuffing and green beans. Yum!

So I guess I better get to that now. :)

3 comments:

coffeecup said...

having your own wheels is the american dream, so congratulations, little one. on another topic, since when do you know the word 'broil?'

MorningSun said...

I'm happy that you have Lima. It takes you everywhere you want to. Mi hija, you can buy those reusable shopping bags at the commissary. They are green. It's $0.70 each. You can fill them with those yummy breads.It's nice to know that you're still learning to cook new things. I'm proud of you.

MorningSun said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.